2013 APPLICATION DEADLINE APRIL 3, 2013 - Notification of acceptance status will be emailed in late April.
The selection process for your word Teen Creative Writing Residency is competitive. Atlantic Center for the Arts receives the applications and the Master Artists-in-Residence provide the rankings, which determine acceptance to the program. For the 2013 program, ACA will be using an online application submission site.
Your application will require the following materials:
- Complete all required fields of the online application form
- Statement of Intent: Why do you want to attend this residency? What do you hope to accomplish if you are accepted?
- Writing Sample: 3 pages
Writing Sample Requirements
You may include more than one genre in your sample (for example, 1 poem, and 2 pages of fiction), but the entire sample is limited to 3 pages. Your writing sample should include a sample of work in your strongest genre, but may include work in one or more of the other genres.
- Please use double-spaced lines for prose and single-spaced lines for poetry.
- Do not upload more pages than required. Extra pages will not be reviewed.
- Do not submit additional materials. Only the requested information will be reviewed.
To apply for financial support for tuition, complete and mail the 2013 your word Financial Aid Application after you complete your online application. (Tuition: $1,495)
- Visit the Submissions page for the Your Word Program.
- Complete all required fields on the form.
- Upload all required documents.
- Pay the $20 application fee with Credit Card or Paypal.